Optimizing battery life
Extend the life of your battery
- extend your batteryís life between charges by turning off features that you donít need.
Turn off radios that you arenít using. If you arenít using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or GPS, use the Settings
application to turn them off.
See Wireless & networks and Location & security settings.
- Turn down screen brightness and set a shorter screen timeout.
- If you donít need them, turn off automatic syncing for Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, and other applications.
- Use the Power Control widget to check and control the status of radios, the display brightness, and syncing.
- If you know you wonít be near a mobile or Wi-Fi network for a while, switch to Airplane mode.
Your phone uses extra power to search for mobile networks.
Check the battery charge level
On the Home screen, press Menu and touch Settings > About phone > Status.
The battery status (charging, discharging) and level (as a percentage of fully charged) are displayed at the top of the screen.
Monitor and control what uses the battery
The Battery Use screen shows which applications consume the most battery power. You can also use it to turn off
applications that youíve downloaded, if they are consuming too much power.
information taken from google mobile help